TERMS & CONDITIONS
It is the responsibility of the customer to check all items and parts of items for any damage to products upon collection or delivery. All damages must be reported with photographic evidence, within 48hours of delivery being signed for.
Expressions Métis Ltée takes care to ensure that product information and colours are accurate. Due to the limitations of the photographic process, goods may not be exactly the same colour as shown unless materials samples are available at the time or order. It is the customer’s responsibility to check all product measurements and delivery access points.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
We accept the following methods of payment:
– Bank Transfer
TERMS OF PAYMENT
1. We secure your order with a 40 % down payment of the total amount. When your payment is authorised, your order will be processed. You might be called upon to give your signed consent to technical drawings sent by our workshop. From thereon, please allow 3-4 weeks’ production.
2. Halfway into manufacture, we will send you an invoice for the second instalment.
3. The third payment will be made before the goods are shipped to Mauritius. In cases where the goods are produced locally, we will send you an invoice before the finishing process.
4. The final balance is settled upon delivery at your agreed delivery address or at our collection point.
All our quoted prices are inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate, however adjustments will have to be made to comply with any change in rates or other legally imposed changes in respect of VAT.
CANCELLATIONS AND AMMENDMENTS
We reserve the right not to refuse an order if:
– If an item was incorrectly priced or described on the web site or social networks
– If your payment was not authorised.
Upholstery items or any ‘Made to Order’ items are subject to a 100% cancellation charge.
If an order is cancelled by Expressions Métis Ltée, any payments made to us will be refunded within 30 days of the cancellation.
Expressions Métis Ltée does not provide refunds on the following:
– ‘Made to Order’ items (These items carry a 100% cancellation charge).
– Damaged items not notified to Expressions Métis Ltée upon delivery or collection.
– Items damaged during transportation from the Expressions Métis Ltée collection point to the customers’ delivery address by the customers’ own transport team.
Delivery charges are not included in the products prices. We will gladly send you a quotation from our outsourced delivery team upon request.
Once the item is ready to be dispatched we will contact you to arrange a convenient day as a signature is always required. If you wish to change your agreed delivery day you must contact Expressions Métis Ltée at least 48 hours before the delivery to avoid being charged an administration fee.
We outsource our delivery service to a professional team who take great care with your furniture. They cannot be held responsible for damage to floors, carpets or walls if they are insufficiently protected. Provisions must be made by the customer to protect these areas during the delivery process.
To avoid any disappointment during delivery please measure all access points and final resting space of your furniture item[s]. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure it fits into the desired space. Please ensure you have created sufficient access so your item[s] can be delivered with the minimum of disruption to your space. Charges apply for collection and re delivery.
All items must be paid for in full upon delivery. By signing the delivery note you are acknowledging that the item has been sold and received in good condition.
Failed deliveries due to no one being present to receive the furniture at the pre-arranged time will be charged for re-delivery.
Customer furniture collections will take place when outstanding balances on items to be collected are fully paid upon collection by cheque or prior to collection by bank transfer. We do not accept credit cards over the phone to pay the balance on collection. Any intention to collect from our collection point must be organised 48 hours in advance.
Ownership of goods shall remain with Expressions Métis Ltée and shall not pass to the customer until the agreed price together with all other sums due from you to Expressions Métis Ltée have been paid in full and goods have been delivered to your home.
Nothing in the terms and conditions in any way limits our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or by fraud.
We reserve the right to accept, refuse, or limit your order for any reason, including, but not limited to: credit review; the unavailability of a product or errors in pricing or product descriptions posted on the website or elsewhere.
We will accept no liability for personal expenses incurred either directly or indirectly from your Expressions Métis Ltée purchase or its delivery. This includes claims for personal time, telephone calls and incidentals.
Our total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of your order shall be limited to the purchase price of the goods purchased only.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DO NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.